Recently, federal law enforcement authorities and prosecutors in Pennsylvania and throughout the nation have been even more intent on cracking down on illegal weapons and meting out harsh punishments to those participating in crimes involving illegal weapons.
If you are convicted on a federal weapons charge, consequences can include up to five years' prison time for each weapon. If you are convicted of a felony that involved using an illegal weapon, you will be facing even harsher consequences.
It is unlawful to:
- Possess or use firearms in a federal facility such as a post office, government building, airport or military base
- Possess a stolen or illegally modified firearm
- Possess an automatic weapon
- Possess or use certain types of prohibited ammunition
- Transport firearms or weapons interstate
- Be a felon in possession of or using a firearm
- Be involved in the unauthorized or illegal sale of a weapon
- Possess a gun or weapon while committing a felony
If you have a past criminal history and are labeled by the government as an "armed career criminal" or "career offender," you could potentially get a life sentence in prison upon conviction. You do not have to face charges like these alone.
Facing Weapons Charges? Criminal Defense Attorneys in Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery and Delaware Counties, PA
The Philadelphia criminal defense attorneys at Parkinson, Tarpey & Lloyd have decades of experience handling complex cases involving weapons charges and other types of criminal charges. We served as prosecutors before turning to criminal defense and will use our knowledge to find any holes legally, procedurally or factually in the case against you.
Discuss your situation in a free consultation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer at (215) 352-3432. We work with clients throughout Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, and Delaware Counties. Our defense lawyers focus exclusively on criminal defense, with more than 40 years of combined experience.