Philadelphia Murder Defense Lawyers
Retain Our Seasoned Attorneys
If you were charged with murder, this is one fight you will not want to face alone! Your future is on the line because of the hefty penalties associated with this violent crime, especially in Pennsylvania.
At Parkinson, Tarpey & Lloyd, we draw upon 40 years of combined experience in the legal field. You can rely on our commitment to pursue a reduction or dismissal of your charges when you call on us!
We have numerous qualifications that set us apart from other firms, including:
- We are experienced trial attorneys.
- We are members of the National Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association®.
- We have former prosecutorial experience.
Contact us to find out what our Philadelphia murder defense attorneys can do for your case.
Understanding Your Murder Charge
Whether you have been charged with first-degree murder, second-degree murder, or manslaughter, your sentence will be severe if convicted. That is why you need to retain counsel from a proven murder defense attorney in Philadelphia.
We have broken down the differences between these types of charges below:
- First-degree murder – Murder that involves premeditation and an accompanying offense, such as hijacking, robbery, or kidnapping. Also charged when extreme torture is involved.
- Second-degree murder – Murder that is premeditated but does not involve an accompanying offense.
- Manslaughter – Murder that does not have intent, premeditation, or involve an accompanying offense.
Murder of a law enforcement officer is a special type of murder that involves the intentional killing of a police officer in the line of duty. This offense is punishable by life in prison in Pennsylvania.
For a prosecutor to win your case, they will need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you killed another person and that you, as the defendant, did so with malicious intent. You will need our firm's assistance as you fight against the heavy charge that you face.
Call (215) 352-3432 today for a meeting with our experienced Philadelphia murder defense lawyers.
“"Three A+++ lawyers in one firm!"”- John J.
“"Jim is stand-out lawyer and a stand-up guy!"”- John J.
“Great company”- Antonio M
Commonwealth v. A.P. Charges Dismissed
Commonwealth v. B.B. Acquitted
Commonwealth v. B.C. Charges Withdrawn
Commonwealth v. B.M. Charges Withdrawn
Commonwealth v. B.S. Dismissed
Commonwealth v. C.M. Not Guilty
Commonwealth v. C.S. Dismissed
Commonwealth v. A.B. Reduced Sentence
Commonwealth v. R.W. Found Not Guilty
Commonwealth v. S.G. All Charges Dismised